Suggested Book Club Questions for My Little One
by Nancy Machlis Rechtman
- What are your thoughts about Emma? What do you think her personality was like before she had to deal with infertility? How much do you think infertility has changed her, if at all?
- Was Steve telling Emma the truth that he wasn’t having an affair again? Why do you think he had an affair the first time? Can a marriage survive having an affair? Do you like Steve? Do you trust him?
- Can you relate to Emma and what she’s going through, whether or not you've been through infertility? Did you think you knew what people who found it hard to conceive were going through before you read the book? Do you feel you have a better understanding of the emotions involved in infertility after reading the book?
- Who was your favorite character in the book? What did you like about that person? Did you feel that you could recognize some of the characters in the book in your own life? If so, which ones?
- Whose fault is it that Emma feels incomplete as a woman because she can't get pregnant? Is it her fault, her husband’s fault, her family's fault, society’s fault - or none of the above?
- Why do you think the author made up the names of products and places in the book instead of using real names for them?
- If you could sit down with Emma over a cup of coffee, what would be the one thing you’d want to say to her?
- Were you satisfied with the ending of the book? Do you think there should be a sequel? If so, what do you think would happen next?
Purchase My Little One online from Amazon.com. Or, order by mail.